Saturday, May 28, 2011

I joined Match.com and ended up with a disappointed heart

Oh how I jinxed myself with this Post

I finally thought I was about to meet THE ONE and then I thought I did.
But in fact, I did not.

The one will be able to get through my hard outer shell and be actually willing to crack the 'hard nut' that I am.
Yes I have walls and yes I don't wear my emotions on my sleeve. That's who I am and it took me a long time to understand myself and thus it will take you longer than ONE date to figure me out. I am not someone with a few easy breezy layers, the woman I am runs deep and with every layer you get through you will realize there are 10 more and 11 after that.

So now, I am planning a dating detox.

Yes, as my friends have pointed out, yes I do say this all the time. But now it is real. I am not interested in looking, talking or engaging in any other activity with members of the opposite sex. (my male friends are of course not included in this as they are not part of the 'male' population to me, they are just wonderful souls). I am done.

In the past 3 years that I have been 'single', I have always been either talking, meeting, knowing, about to meet, about to talk to and looking for men. And even if I have had a day or two of no such activity, that is when it is most likely that something will jump into my life. And likely it won't be one something but at least three somethings.

So now my friends, I will not walk into a room and immediately scan it for prospects, I will dance on a dance floor without seeing the men staring at me calculating their next move, I will not check my phone like a maniac and most importantly I will give myself peace.

And don't say, things happen when you least expect them, because my friends I have been least expecting to find love for a long time!


as a side note, I have lots of material for my 'book' based on this last experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment