Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Extra $93/month

How can I spend an extra $93/month, let me count the ways! And of them is definitely not paying Bell Canada for their horrendous internet and cable service.

5 days without service, 5 days of being on the phone with them for over 1.5hours each time, I had enough and cancelled my services with them.

Now, the challenge begins!

The cable will be easy, paying about $50/month for the random 5hours a week that I may watch TV is useless. I think I will survive without it!

The internet, well that's a whole other story. I spend entirely too much time on my computer. This will actually be really good for me. 8 hours a day at work followed by 3 hours at home on a computer can't be good for me.
Here is the plan:
All coffee shops have internet. I can plan my use and go to one to download my work, etc.
There is a unsecured wireless network in my building, which I have been using for the last 5 days. I can occasionally pop in on it, like now.

I want to see if I can do this until the end of July. That's about $200 of savings! At that point I may connect my internet again. It will definitely not be with Bell.

Wish me luck!
Many friends don't believe I can last more than a few days. I can do it, I have my sneaky ways!

I feel like I am going back into medieval times!

No comments:

Post a Comment