Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Saved by Santa?

Eeek I was $.70 away from an NSF 3 days ago and almost again today.

By some luck somehow, I was $.70 away from a $40 fine for a NSF.
I don't like to keep money in my checking account and since my pay started being deposited into my account bi-weekly instead of bi-monthly, I am a bit of a mess. As a rule, I use one pay to pay for rent and fixed expenses and the other for variable expenses, savings and debt repayment.
My car payment comes out bi-weekly but on opposite week than my pay,so I transfer money to my credit line in a weak attempt to 1. Save on interest and 2. Not to spend the money by mistake. I only keep my spending money in my checking account.

Three days ago, I took out money for New Years Eve and a day later realized that my car payment was due as well. I had forgotten to transfer the car payment back to my checking account. In a fever I checked the balance on my account and it was $.70!!!
By some stroke of sheer luck I had avoided the nasty NSF fine and what's worse defaulting on my car payment by accident. I never EVER want to default on a payment and mainly because I didn't remember to transfer the funds.
To do this week: Call Car loan and switch so that the payment comes from the checking account I don't use.

And today! I realized that it is the 4th and my car insurance should have come out. Again, I had forgotten to transfer the funds! Again!
To my delight, due to the holidays it looks like they are late and the payment had not come through.
Saved by Santa?

No comments:

Post a Comment